I’m a grumpy bastard at times. There, I said it.
I don’t mean to be – I genuinely don’t. But the fact remains I can be a pretty morose, grumpy little shit. For that, I apologise.
Sometimes though I can be exactly the opposite – the joys of being bipolar. I won’t blame it all on that though – far from it.
Anyway, the last few days I’ve kind of ‘woken up’ a bit and thought, you know what? Life is pretty good for me right now. Not in a manic, over-the-top WHOOOOP I can’t stop kind of way, just a case of looking around and thinking, yeah it’s not perfect, but fuck, it’s pretty damn good!
So getting to the point, let me explain why, in concise bullet point fashion, in no particular order:
- I just had a 12 month extension on the house I rent – yep it costs me shitloads but I love the place, and that gives me some stability for a bit rather than worry about arsing around moving house. It also means my dogs are sorted too!
- I’m back in Thailand in May with one of my closest mates – going to be awesome
- My new job is great and I get to work from home which I love
- My family is awesome
- My friends are awesome
- I’ve started running again
- I’ve had some amazing experiences in the last six months. Perhaps ‘amazing’ could be substituted, for, hehe, ‘interesting’ but it’s all good
- Last week I was in a 5 star hotel with the people I work with, who are all superb, talented and motivated
- One of my dogs who was nearly dead last week made a sudden recovery and is now back to normal 🙂
- I’ve discovered loads of new bands and music from friends and browsing Spotify recently
Also with the winter drawing to an end, and some sunlight finally, it makes it easier for me to be more upbeat. I feel a lot more in control of my life than I have done for about a year now. Certainly there’s much to do, mainly around getting back into a position of fitness and health (and in particular running) and developing my skills at work (luckily I love online marketing!).
But y’know, life is pretty good 🙂 Bring on the rest of 2013!